Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cosfest sg 2014

Hi there! If anyone out there do read my stuff.
I attended cosfest singapore 2014 today and I have so many things to talk about so this is going to take very long and it is a loooooog post.

This year's theme is: COSFEST XIII - THE FINAL FANTASY
Okay, I don't really have that many things to talk about since I spent like less than an hour at the venue.


Before it all happened...

I only knew about cosfest two days before the event, which was Thursday night and the only reason why I'm willing to travel to the other end of Singapore was because of Yuegene's appearance. Yes, Im a huge fan of her (or he if some of you believe that is the gender) and then someone said Reika was coming down too and I went to check her facebook, viola, I decided to make a trip down.

Another reason why I wanted to go down was to get Yuegene tshirt. It's quite pricey though, sgd30.... oh and also my friend sammichii was going to sell some doujins, mainly pedal and jojo.


When it happened...

I had second thoughts attending the event today (Day 1) because my twin was already half-dead and exhausted because he woke up very early (6am) so I was already feeling guilty when he pleaded not to do any shopping for the day. But he was nice enough to accompany me to cosfest so I decided to keep quiet and just appreciate.

The minute we arrived in the marquee, I was just roaming around trying to look for booth 5 because that was where Sam's booth was. (Not her botth but her friend. Aiya, she's still selling her stuff anyway.) So as I roamed, I came across Singapore Cosplay Club's booth and saw someone looking familiar posing beside the booth and there was a long Q. Honestly, I thought that was some Singapore cosplayer. Don't shoot me! I just had a glance! Then as I went closer, I thought she looked quite familiar and after looking at the photobooks they were selling, O-M-G THAT WAS REIKA.

I was already half-spazzing half-speechless because I never got so upclose to her and seeing her just there, right in front of my eyes less than 5 meteres, it was like dream come true! (At this moment, I forgot about Yuegene.) I decided to browse the 4 types of photobooks on sale and while I was deciding on which one to buy, I noticed Krieger photobook which Reika, Kaname, and Yuegene shot together.... and that was the most expensive sgd25... so I decided to buy it! BECAUSE OT3 IN A BOOK WHY NOT! It unexpectedly came with an autographed poster by Reika and Yuegene (at this moment I remembered her) and I asked the counter lady if I had to Q to get an autograph. When she told me she could just hand it to her to sign now instead of Q-ing since the Q's for phototaking. At this moment, my excitement started to escalate.




What happened at that moment.....
OKAY, SHE SIGNED MY BOOK
*BREATHES*
REIKA THANK ME.
*BREATHE*
"CAN I HAVE A HANDSHAKE?"
*SHAKES HAND*
/RUNS AND SCREAM TO MY TWIN
"SHOULD I TAKE A PHOTO WITH HER?"
"Yeah. Go ahead."
*ransack bag for camera and runs half way*
*u-turn*
"CAN YOU BE MY PHOTOGRAPHER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I DON'T HAVE GUTS TO TAKE A SELFIE"



//fans self// I need some self-control. Reika was in her Haikyuu outfit and since I haven't watched the anime, I am still not at spazzing level 9000 when she was in her Levi during AFA 2013.

When I was done with my Reika business, I roamed around again to look for Yuegene. I saw this huge PSO2 wall near the entrance and noticed a group gathered there and look, there was a queue so train of thoughts:

PSO2 WALL > CROWD > QUEUE > YUEGENE

I ran.

I did.

Not embarrassed.

I was happily Q-ing with twin as my photographer and thought I should give Yuegene to sign on the same photobook! But then I noticed a counter selling her Tshirt and I hopped out the Q to buy one. That was when I realized the Q was actually an autograph session and although sgd30 for a fan shirt was quite pricey, I bought one anyway.

Oh, it came with a PSO2 CD-ROM(do ppl still use this term?) and a PSO2 poster. I don't play the game so I don't know who the characters are but Yuegene was cosplaying as the black hair dude.
Yuegene's Q took awhile so when it was my turn, the guy in-charge said I couldn't use my photobook for the autograph session. BOOOOOOOOO 8( but not to worry since I already bought the Tshirt :D
The IC asked me to pass the poster instead. Really, the poster. I'm not even a fan of PC games why would I want her to sign on the poster. I rather she signs it on my shirt which has a better purpose. Sorry to hardcore PSO2 fans but I am unable to appreciate it.

If you want the poster, feel free to leave a comment.

I walked up to her steadily, reminding myself every minute not to freak out and spazz and blabber rubbish to her.

While Q-ing I was already forming weird conversation starters like, "hey! you're so cool!!" "omg you're so pretty!!" "i love you!!" "can i have a hug!" "you're so bijin!"

FUCK IT OKAY. WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT HER, MY MIND WENT BLANK! The only thing I remembered reminding myself was "take pictures of her signing my tshirt!"

I did . my hands were trembling so badly because I was so nervous to stand in front of her and oh my god she didn;t even look that gorgeous when she was in Nagisa last year.

So yeah. After she signed and smiled, i'm just ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (it's a feeling) and then I asked if I could take a photo with her.

I DID
I'M SO HAPPY
HALLELUJAH
YES.


When it ends...
Finally I'm reaching the end.
When I said I never had the thought of taking pictures with Reika and Yuegene, it's a lie. I thought of it, but I don't have that kind of luck to take photos with them. I missed Reika at AFA, I missed Yuegene at last year's cosfest and as much as I wanted to take a photo with her, I don't have the guts!
But an autograph? I MUST STILL BE DREAMING.
To sum up my entire afternoon, I only got satsuki-sama badge for a friend and I couldn't find sam ;(
Two items check off my list <3

P.S I only knew who tousabao is today. Don't judge me! I was just not very interested in local cosplayers until I saw reika uploaded their selfies. Hmm, might keep a watch on him then.

WHEN YUEGENE WAS SIGNING MY TSHIRT

REIKA AND YUEGENE AUTOGRAPHED: 

Me and them

And just more photos. Oh i bump into my ex-classmate who did Shizuo 

No comments:

Post a Comment