Saturday, June 21, 2014

Loz iRobot Diamond series machine - Gundam EXIA

Good news. I've just completed my EXIA. will be posting a review later when I boot up my laptop. It's 2.30am here and I'll head to bed first.

I've built a few Nanoblock toys so building EXIA wasn't foreign to me. Just more time consuming and extra deduction skill set. Why?

Problems I had with my set of LoZ blocks:
  1. Difference in color compared to what's printed on the box
  2. Missing parts
  3. Not exact parts
  4. Wrongly drawn diagrams
  5. Loose parts
You are bound to face such problems if you have buy it from China. I'm not looking down on them, it's just the standard of quality is there :-/ 

I took about ~4hours to finish building my robot and when it was done, it took me another 40minutes trying to get it to pose and you have no idea how much I cussed during this period because the sword/knife etc were either too loose to fit on the robot or it is too heavy. 



The head wasn't one of the parts that I completed, but I was so excited in building it because it's the fucking head! But when it was finished, I cussed most because trying to get that two "feelers" 1x4 brick was the hardest part of all! The sizing wasn't perfect so whenever I tilted one side, half the head got pushed towards the opposite direction, and when I tilt the other side, the head looks so compressed and forced it sorts of pushes back the two feelers and it ends up being vertical -.-

In this picture, you see it slanted like the box, right?! Yeah, it was that few seconds of triumph and then it went back to normal. pshht


Oh look! Now we have the body~! (you may compare against the box). In this picture, there's actually a missing part. But I replaced it with another extra block that I have. Thank god it's covered so it wasn't much of an issue.


Now we already have the sword, shield, guns and limbs done !


I GOT IT TO STAND!!!! After 40minutes. I tried my best to put everything together but it always ends up falling off after 3 seconds. I think the robot is standing around 20cm height, 10cm across. 


YUP AND THE TWIN DRIVE LOL


I paid sgd29.90 for it since it was during GSS period .. the original price is sgd34.90. Considering the price for the type of quality i'm paying, I'm not complaining much unless there's no replaceable piece. I need to hot glue everything together to make sure it's stable. The "joints" of the robots make squeaky sound each time I try to bend it and it doesn't have that grip to stay bended. The joints reminds me of old people :-/

I'm still going to buy my strike freedom when it's out in July~

P.S I bought my set at Cineleisure, Level 1, The Gadgets Supply. Or you can LIKE them on facebook :)

If overseas people happen to find this post and you're interested to get, let me know, I'll try to work around :)


ETA 12 july 2014:
I received update on TGS facebook. Strike freedom is in stock!

There are three sizes so Pricing:

small: Original gundam series: $29.90
medium: EXIA: $34.90
large: strike: $39.90

I'M EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment