Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sailor Moon Crystal episode 1 after thoughts

I've said it before I don't call it review because I think whatever I'm saying isn't a review....

I will be calling Sailor Moon Crystal for the next few paragraphs and other episodes review as Crystal.

It's been 16 long years since the last time I watched Sailor Moon, or at least have a rough mental image of what I think it was. When I was young, I didn't discover the senshis by myself. According to my mother, she insists that the show is during her time when it was during mine. I remember singing along to moonlight densetsu, blabbering some mahou spells, and doing that moon crown boomerang thing. I think i also had a sailor moon fanbook because there was a page I really liked about sailor mecury and I also had tons of sailor moon posters. My collection started when my family will always head down to IMM every weekend, i think, to get stuff. My mental image is blurry but i think there was a section for Japanese related goods and it was pretty crowded.

16 years later, Crystal is out, a total reboot of the entire series and I wonder how far will this series last. I'm excited. Are you?

When I first watched the opening clip aired during AX2014 that was floating around on the internet, I legit screamed along with the people in the video because it was so exciting to see MR TUXEDO MASK AND PRETTY SENSHIS WITH SUPER AWESOME WATERCOLOR ART AND KAWAII LUNA~! Although they didn't use moonlight densetsu, I'm quite glad that the seiyuus were the same.




WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW:

Anyway, when mamoru-kun first appeared on the streets in the afternoon with his tuxedo, it was ridiculous okay. Like what usagi-chan said, "who wears a tuxedo on a street in the afternoon!"

But it's excusable since it's Tuxedo-kun! He appeared with his - i assume - rayban shades looking so smoking hot outside the Jewelry shop where he bumped into Usagi calling her two buns on her head odango. It was so funny and the best thing is Tuxedo-kun doesn't sweat. It's fricking summer.

Anyway, we also meet Motoki, the boy who Usagi loves working in the Arcade and the art is so much better now with watercolor-ed buildings etc.

TUXEDO-KUN FIRST FULL SUIT DEBUT



WHEN LUNA TELLS SAILOR MOON TO RECITE "MUUUUN PURIIIIIIZEMUUUUU PAWAAAAA MEEEEKAAAAPUUU!"

WHEN TUXEDO-KUN USES HIS ULTRA PRINCELY SMILE TO KILL US ALL YEAH HAVE MY BABIES PLEASE

AND EVIL JADEITE~

Ending interlude. GOSH LOVE THE ART. HAND DRAWN!!

INTERLUDE COLOR PENCIL ART WHICH IS SO PRETTY I'M USING IT AS WALLPAPER



I'm so excited for Crystal episode 2 because it will be on Sailor Mercury. I cant remember the story so I will read the manga once to see how it's like. My friends said it's already different from the 1992 series so yay I'm excited~

To sum up, I didn't know usagi was that whiny and you just have to bear with her whininess for the entire series. But she eventually matures so it isn't that bad. MOON PRINCESS IS SO PRETTY OKAY. GAH. SAILOR MOON BANZAI!

P.S i miss old school mahou shoujo

No comments:

Post a Comment