Sunday, February 23, 2014

Kyou no Kira-kun


きょうのキラ君; 今天的吉良同学; Kyo no Kira-kun; Today's Kira-kun
Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice Of Life, Tragedy
Mikimoto Rin
Mikimoto Rin
Synopsis:
From Chibi Manga: In 360 days, there were bright days and disappointment while I was staring at you. Though they were neighbors, Nino and Kira had never talked to each other... But when Nino found out about Kira's secret, her life changes and everyday became more interesting!! Their link will lead them to a love close to the paradise. 

English scans: here
Chinese scans: here
As of 24.02.2014, latest chapter is 28
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you like sad plots? 
Character with has terminal sickness?
Do you like 'Boku no Hatsukoi o kimi ni sasagu'?
Then this manga is for you. 

When I first saw the first volume in Chinese sitting on Kinokuniya shelf, I was hesitating whether I should get it (I didnt) because the cover looked like some typical shoujo manga (hah! lesson learnt: do not judge a manga by its cover) and I just ignored it though I kinda like mikimoto-sensei's work. 


I was bored and sitting around aimlessly and decided to browse through the shoujo manga list on MH/MF that's when I thought hey, maybe i should give this a try.

This manga is simply amazing, so pure and innocent, straightforward and direct, lots of cute and sad moments. I was hooked after half-way through the first chapter and around chapter 20(?) I started crying because of Kira's simple wishes. 

My friend joked when she said, "What if there's a sudden plot twist? What if Kira heard wrongly about him dying?" I wish I want that kind of plot twist too but that will totally kill the atmosphere, right? I'm too far in to the manga and I can say THERE IS SOME HOPE, THERE IS A PLOT TWIST and ugh, I want a pet parakeet like Nino, lol. 

I wonder what will happen in Chapter 29 and I'm getting so excited. 

I'm going to drop by Kinokuniya later to pick up the 3 volumes. 

Some omakes for you:




No matter how right this looks, this is a rare father and son gaymance moment.


LOL this scene, it happened on Nino's and Kira's birthday and Nino explained to him that her father will only remove his specs once a year and whoever looks into his eyes will fall for him and becomes his slave. So Kira was watching and he dropped his mug LOL!! 

Kira:"R-REALLLY?"
Nino: "That is why I said!" 
Kira: "That is to say..."
Nino's mum: "But I (mummy) also love Daddy with Spectacles~~~~ <3"
Nino's dad: "Really... I'm feeling embarrassed."


Do try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment